Tuesday, August 02, 2005

WTF - Jimi Hendrix Said He Was Gay!

So, today's WTF entry is not so much a "what the f*ck?!?!" as a "get the f*ck outta here!!!" According to this Associated Press article which appeared on Yahoo, Jimi used the 'ole I'm a fudgepacker with an addiction to dick and masturbation line to get out of serving in the armed forces:

"In regular visits to the base psychiatrist at Fort Campbell, Ky., in spring 1962, Hendrix complained that he was in love with one of his squad mates and that he had become addicted to masturbating, Cross writes. Finally, Capt. John Halbert recommended him for discharge, citing his "homosexual tendencies."
Hendrix's legendary appetite for women negates the notion that he might have been gay, Cross writes. Nor, Cross says, was his stunt politically motivated: Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who exhibited little unease about the escalating U.S. role in Vietnam.
He just wanted to escape the Army to play music — he had enlisted to avoid jail time after being repeatedly arrested in stolen cars in Seattle, his hometown."
(Read the full article here.)

Notice that they're very careful 2 say that he actually wasn't gay, that it was all a ruse, cuz really, how could one of the most influential musical geniuses of all time be gay???

Seriously, though, I don't think he was gay either. I just think it's pretty funny he used that to get out of serving. I have my own opinions, obviously, about the current"don't ask, don't tell" policy. (Do they have any fucking idea how many homos are serving right now? Get real!) Had there been a draft, there is no way I could have served. I wouldn't have had to open my mouth for them to know that I was dicksucker. The obsessive ogling and slight bent of my bony hands would have given me away. Not only that but I have a fetish for military men. MMMM mmmm MMMM! All those hot, masculine guys with sweaty muscled bodies all holed up together ... omg, I get hard just thinking about it. And if you think that's disgusting and graphic, hey, there's a reason I have a CD called "Deviant"!

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy." - Jimi Hendrix (Yes yes, I know it should be "Excuse me while I kiss the sky", but I just couldn't resist!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home